CARTERSVILLE, Ga. – With its finger on the trend pulse, Surya Inc.’s soft flooring fashions this season are dictated by a simple yet solid style concept: perceived value.
An equal measure of texture, tactility, style and price sensitivity creates the sum of the company’s new product introductions launching next week at New York Home Fashions Market.
“Our customers are looking for amazing value due to the challenges everyone is facing in retail right now,” said Satya Tiwari, president. “We have worked to develop products that give a lot of perceived value, including machine woven rugs that utilize yarns like space-dyed polyester, soft polypropylene and polyester shrink yarns in multiple textures. Our goal is to create fashion-forward rugs that are very soft.”
Functionality and performance are other attributes that fit squarely into Surya’s value equation this season, he continued.
To that end, the company is introducing new and decorative machine-washable rugs and elevated styles of indoor-outdoor rug programs. In that same vein, Surya’s utility mix of scatter rugs and doormats is getting a boost with new looks and constructions, including tufted synthetic blends, recycled rubber and sustainable natural coir.
Additionally, Surya is spotlighting a new batch of woven printed qualities that feature colors and designs typically reserved for higher-end channels. Surya has engineered these looks into new constructions and programs to be able to deliver these styles at more affordable price point brackets. One example is the Becki Owens X Surya collection, Tiwari cited.
Surya Inc.’s area rug introductions include:
- Avellino: This plush, heavy-weight, high-piled machine woven collection utilizes a next-generation space-dyed yarn system featuring up to 42 colors per rug.
- Marlon: Boasting a “technological breakthrough,” this woven printed soft polyester collection features intricate patterns and almost unlimited color options.
- Margaret: Part of the Becki Owens X Surya collaboration, this indoor/outdoor rug is machine-woven of polyester and designed to mimic the look of weathered, antique hand-knotted rugs. It is also machine-washable.
- Rivaldo: This heavy-weight, high-piled and densely constructed machine-woven collection utilizes multiple yarn systems for added color and greater texture.
- Primo: This polyester textured shag collection features an array of transitional styles. It has a 1.25-inch pile with multiple yarn thicknesses and an extremely heavy weave structure.