LOS ANGELES – The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) has honored individuals, firms and projects with 62 awards during its “Night with the Stars” awards reception at the Gather national conference.
Categories awarded included the ASID Ones to Watch program, the ASID Student Portfolio Competition, the ASID Foundation Scholarships and Grants and, the organization’s highest professional recognition, the ASID National Awards.
The honorees are being celebrated across three main categories: the Legacy Awards, the Annual Awards, and the Focus Awards. Open to ASID members and non-members alike, the awards allow the organization to maximize inclusiveness in recognizing design excellence.
“ASID is proud to honor the projects and people that design to impact and improve the lives around us,” said Khoi Vo, CEO of ASID. “Across firms, individuals and projects, ASID’s National Award winners exemplify our core values of design excellence, advocacy, thought leadership and community. We congratulate all of our winners and thank them for their outstanding contributions to making the world a better place through design.”
The Legacy Awards honor interior designers for their work and careers who are dedicated to furthering the practice. This year’s winners are:
- Designer of Distinction | Charisse Johnston, FASID, WELL AP, LEED AP ID+C
- Luminary of Distinction | Jennifer Kolstad, ASID, Associate AIA
- Firm of Distinction | CannonDesign
The Annual Awards celebrate the work and achievements of practitioners with significant design achievements throughout the year honoring educators, students, volunteers, advocates and more. Winners are:
- Student of the Year | Chelsey Beardsley, Allied ASID
- Volunteer of the Year | Tracey Fillmore, ASID, NCIDQ, CAPS, EDAC, RID
- Designer of the Year | Nicole Hollis, Supporter ASID
- Educator of the Year | Taneshia West Albert, ASID, IDEC, EDAC, NCIDQ
- Advocate of the Year | Emmy Williams, ASID, NCIDQ, NC RID
- Community Impact of the Year | ASID New York Metro Chapter
- Firm of the Year | TBA Studio
The Focus Awards spotlight stellar design projects that address different areas of global issues. Winners are:
- FOCUS Community – Large Firm | Water Works Pavilion by HGA
- FOCUS Community – Medium Firm | Lilian DesMarias Youth Library by bcDESIGNGROUP
- FOCUS Community – Small Firm | Seven Acre Dairy Company by InteriorLOGIC, Inc.
- FOCUS Diversity – Large Firm | Family Tree Clinic by Perkins&Will
- FOCUS Diversity – Medium Firm | The Shop by Porter, Makers and Social-Impact Programs
- FOCUS Wellness – Small Firm | “The Sanctuary” home project by Signature Design + Studio
- FOCUS Wellness – Small Firm | Falstone Residence by Shine Interior Design Studio
- FOCUS Community – Large Firm Merit Recipient | D’Youville University Health Professions Hub by CannonDesign
- FOCUS Wellness – Large Firm Merit Recipient | U.S. Green Building Council Headquarters Renovation by Perkins&Will
You’ll find more information about the National Awards winners here.